Nutrition Challenge has begun. Make sure you are keeping up on your points each day!
The CrossFit Games Open is coming. It will be here February 21st. To sign up, CLICK HERE
Here’s a write up of the Nutrition Challenge Rules if you need to see it HERE
If you would like to help out with the open and judge people, please take the judges course right here
Bring a Friend Day is this Thursday! All classes are free to try!
Here’s an easy kabob recipe. You can see the full recipe here
- 1 1/4 pounds beef, (sirloin or Angus) cut into 1-inch cubes
fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into large chunks
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 packed tbsp parsley, finely chopped (no stems)
- 2 packed tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- For the chimichurri, combine the red onion, vinegar, salt and olive oil and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix; set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use (can be made a few hours ahead).
- Place the onions, beef and tomatoes onto the skewers.
- Prepare the grill on high heat. Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a platter and top with chimichurri sauce.
Yield: 6 skewers, Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 219
- Total Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 20g
Today is Open Workout 19.1. Like we suggest. Please try and come in the PM for the workout. A bunch of people come to hang out, cheer on, hit the workout and eat some good food. So we encourage everyone to come in the PM. Plus we have enough judges in the PM as well. To those of you doing the nutrition challenge, you get 1 full plate of whatever you want without any minus points so that should be a bonus enough to come!
For those coming in the PM, we will have a warm up written up for you guys to do to help prep you. Follow it and you should be fine. Remember the heat sheet is the time you will be working out so make sure you show up about 20-30 min sooner to be ready to go. Hope everyone is ready for some fun!
19 Wallballs 20/14
19 Calorie Row
15-20 Banded Good Morning