Hands-on time: about 15-20 mins
Bake time: First side 15 mins. Flip side 10 mins at 410 F/210 C.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- Half 1 whole small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup Italian flat parsley, finely chopped
- 3 bulbs scallions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Coconut oil (to grease the muffin tin)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Butternut squash, sweet potato, or turnip spiralized noodles
- Cooking fat of your choice to saute the noodles
Finely chop carrots, yellow onion, flat parsley, scallions, and prepare grated ginger. If use a food processor, toss the ingredients a few times but do not over process them. It will be too watery.
Preheat oven to 410 F/210 C. Combine ground beef, ingredients under “Meatball seasonings”, and ingredients from Step 1. Combine and mix well.
Lightly grease a muffin tin with coconut oil. Use your hands to gently apply some pressure to form the meatballs. Make sure the chopped veggies and the ground meat are coherent well. Form about 18 individual meatballs.*
Bake the meatballs in the muffin tin. First side about 15 minutes. Use a small spoon to carefully flip them and bake the flip side for an additional 10 minutes.
In the meantime, heat ½ tbsp cooking oil in a large skillet over high heat. When hot, lower the heat to medium, add minced garlic and squash noodles. Give them a quick stir-fry until the noodles are softened yet still crisp. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
To serve: scoop out the meatball juice inside the muffin tin and use that as dressing over meatballs and noodles.
* If you find it difficult to form meatballs without them falling apart, you can either add a bit more sesame oil or arrowroot flour/powder.
To make the meatballs ahead, complete the entire cooking process, let cool, and store them in glass and air-tight containers. Be sure to drizzle over some meatball juice before sending them to the freezer.
Nutrition Challenge will begin first week in February. Video has been posted to the FB group or read the link below
The CrossFit Games Open is coming. It will be here February 21st. To sign up, CLICK HERE
Here’s a write up of the Nutrition Challenge Rules if you need to see it HERE
A. “20-20 Vision”
55 Power Snatch 95/65
55 Calorie Row