- Open workout 20.5 will begin Saturday. First heat is at 8 am. We will have breakfast! Sign up for food and the heat sheet! Hope to see you there! We are also celebrating 7 years of CFU being open. Wear some CrossFit Unknown apparel on Saturday and try to show up at 8 am so we can take a group picture!
- This weeks food is French Toast! We will have Kerry cooking, but we will have anything you guys want to bring. Bacon, eggs, hash browns, cereal, etc! Sign up for food and come hang out on Saturday!
- It’s a new month. Our monthly focus is on gymnastic strength. Come up with a goal that is centered around gymnastic work!
- Bring a friend day is this Thursday. All classes are free to try!
Reminding you all to come hang out tomorrow for the open. It’s the last workout, as well as our 7 year anniversary celebration. Wear some CFU apparel and then come at 8 AM and we’ll take a group picture. Last party we’ll have till around Christmas so come hang out and eat some good food! Hope to see all of you guys there!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
My Instant Pot Chicken Soup is ready in just 30 minutes. It’s a delicious and nutritious soup made in a fraction of the time.
- 1 whole chicken 3-4 lbs
- 1 onion large, diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 carrots medium, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp fish sauce optional
- pinch salt & ground black pepper
- Rinse the chicken and remove any giblets. Place in a 6-quart Instant Pot liner. Then add the onion, celery, carrots, bay leaves, and fish sauce. Add a generous pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Fill the Instant Pot liner until the water reaches approximately the 12 cup line. Add the liner to the Instant Pot and secure the lid, making sure the release valve is closed. Set to 30 minutes on Manual (high).
- After cooking is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally. Or if you’re in a rush, quick release the steam. Remove the lid.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken. It’ll fall apart which is fine. Lay the chicken on a baking sheet and spread it out to cool. You may want to quickly rough chop the breasts and thighs so they cool faster.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, carefully pick the meat off the bones and shred it with your fingers. Add the meat back to the Instant Pot, discard the bay leaves, adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper, and serve. I like to add cooked rice or quinoa just before serving.
A. “Make Your Move”
Every 5 Min for 4 sets:
12/9 Calorie Bike
12 Alternating DB Snatch (AHAP)
12 Box Jump Over 30/24
*Score is slowest round
3:00-5:00 Sandbag Hold (AHAP)
*Every break complete :30 Weighted Plank 45/25