- Nutrition Challenge has officially begun! You can find more info by clicking HERE. Make sure you’re keeping up on your points!
- Any new person who signs up gets 80$/month for 90 days. If you refer them you get 30$ off your membership!
- Halloween Throwdown will be happening on October 24th! Sign up on the sheet in class!
- Halloween Throwdown workouts have been announced! Check them out here! Halloween Throwdown Workouts
Veggie Bacon Fritatta from Mealfit
- 3 cups tightly-packed shredded yukon gold potatoes (or white sweet potatoes)
- 3/4 cup fine diced onion, divided
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon (or sausage)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 c. almond (or coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- seasoning, to taste
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously grease a tight-fitting 9-inch spring form pan or pie plate.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded potatoes, 1/2 c. onion, 2 tbsp. of melted ghee or coconut oil, and seasoning of choice. Toss until combined.
- Firmly press the shredded potato mixture evenly along the bottom of the pan, making sure to press the potatoes up the sides of the pan at least one inch.
- Bake crust for 15-18 minutes, until set. Then place on stove top to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- While crust is baking, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp. cooking fat. Sauté together the remaining 1/4 c. onion, red pepper, and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Next, add the kale and stir until greens are wilted (about 2-3 minutes). Mix in the crumbled bacon or sausage, if using. Remove skillet from heat. Season with seasoning. Set aside.
- Wipe clean the large bowl used for the potatoes. Then add the eggs, milk, basil, garlic powder, seasoning of choice. Whisk until eggs are slightly frothy.
- Add the veggie mixture to the bottom of the hash brown crust. Then, gently pour the egg custard over the top of the veggie mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until quiche is set. Remove from oven and allow to sit 3-5 minutes. Then gently loosen sides of quiche by running a knife along the side of the pan.
PREP TIME: 10 min
ZONE: 4 blocks PRO, 4 blocks CARB, 4 blocks FAT
4 rounds for time:
15 Box Jump Over 30/24
*15 Min Cap
100m Farmer Carry (AHAP)
100m Front Rack Carry (AHAP)