- It’s a new month, we need new goals on the goal board!
- For the month of January we have our referral deal going on! You refer a friend to sign up, you get 40$ off gift card!
- Sign up for the open! open.crossfit.com.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes * bite-size, from 2-3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lb bacon diced into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Add the bacon to a large skillet and turn the heat onto medium.
- Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until it’s done through and just beginning to get crispy – about 5-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate and set aside.
- Carefully drain all but 2 Tablespoons of the bacon grease out of the skillet and return to the stove top.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes to the skillet and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Cook until the sweet potatoes for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, or until they are fork tender.
- Mix the cooked bacon back into the sweet potatoes and drizzle the maple syrup over the top.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
- Try to cut your sweet potatoes into as evenly-sized pieces as possible. This will help them all cook at the same rate so that you don’t end up with mushy and/or hard pieces of potato.
- Cut the bacon all at once by placing it in one large stack. To do this, simply open the package of bacon and remove it all as one big piece. Then, cut through every piece, all at once, into 1/2-inch slices.
- Bacon will crisp up more as it cools so be careful not to overcook it. Remove it from the skillet when it is just starting to look as if it’s getting crispy.
- Cooking diced bacon can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, so keep a close eye on it as it cooks.
- This recipe is easy to modify. Add an onion, an apple, or both to change up the flavor just a bit. If you love eggs cooked within your hash, go for it!
- How do you store leftover Sweet Potato Hash? Store any leftover hash in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use within 4-5 days.
- Can you freeze Sweet Potato Hash? While you can freeze leftover sweet potato hash, the quality of it after being reheated may not be the same. It’s best to make it fresh, when possible.
- Can you bake Sweet Potato Hash? Instead of cooking the sweet potatoes in the bacon grease, you can toss the cubed sweet potatoes in 1 tablespoon olive oil and a 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, Then, bake them in the oven set at 425°F for about 30 minutes or until fork tender. Mix the cooked sweet potatoes into the cooked bacon and top with maple syrup.
It’s Coach Morgan’s birthday! If you see him wish him a happy one!
18-16-14-12-10 Alternating DB Snatch
20-20-20-20-20 Abmat Situp
20-20-20-20-20 Box Jump Over 24/20
*18 Min Cap
Every 2:00 for 5 sets:
20 Dual Front Rack Walking Lunge Step