- It’s a new month, it means we need a new goal on the goal board! The open is over with and we’ll be doing a nutrition challenge starting in May, so the focus this month is Nutrition.
- Now that the open is over we have a monthly challenge, this one is simple- 5 Min AMRAP: Max Goblet squats 53/35
- The Quarterfinals are this weekend. Come support Tausha, Boston, Tiffany and Chans if you can, they’d love some cheering!
PREP 10 minutes
- 4 yukon gold potatoes (or whatever white or sweet potato you prefer), cut into fry slices
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil
- hefty pinch of salt
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
- 10–15 pepperoni slices
- 1/4–1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4–1/3 cup dairy-free cheese (I used Siete Foods Nacho Cheese Queso)
- parsley, for garnish
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Cut potatoes into fry slices, toss in avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt. Place in an air fryer without overcrowding the basket (I had to cook my potatoes in 2 batches) and cook at 390 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, tossing every 4-5 minutes, until potatoes are crispy.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add italian sausage to a large non-stick skillet and break into pieces, cooking until browned and no pink remains. Remove from pan and set aside. Add pepperoni to the pan and cook pepperoni 1-2 minutes per side.
- Heat up pizza sauce and dairy-free cheese in a saute pan or in the microwave until warm.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, top with pizza sauce, italian sausage, dairy-free cheese, pepperoni, parsley and red pepper flakes. Then all you have to do is chow down!
A. “One for the Road”
Every 5 min for 4 rounds
15 Deadlift 225/155
*Score is slowest round
5-10 Nordic Curls
:30-:45 Weighted Plank 45/25