- New monthly challenge! Max Bar Hang! Jump on the bar, and hang on as long as you can. Longest time held on the bar will be the winner!
- Month Goals! This month is centered around a gymnastic movement you’d like to improve on! Write it down, spend 2-3 days a week working on it!
- Make sure you’re keeping up on the Nutrition Challenge! Info about the challenge HERE. You can find how we will keep track of points, figuring out your numbers and so on HERE.
- Weekly Nutrition Challenge- Eat veggies for 3 meals each day! Max of +3 points a day, +1 for each meal you eat with veggies!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1/2 pound bacon, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch
- 3 eggs
- chopped chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the skin gives when you press your finger to it. Remove the squash from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- While the spaghetti squash cooks, place a large saute pan over medium heat, add bacon, and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. You’ll want to leave behind about 2 tablespoons worth of bacon fat to feel free to remove any excess once bacon has cooked. Add peppers, onion and garlic cloves and cook for about 10 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- To the pan with the peppers and onion, add the ground chicken along with the garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break apart the chicken and cook until no pink remains, about 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti squash strings and place in the greased baking dish along with the chicken mixture, ranch and eggs. Mix to combine then sprinkle the crispy bacon on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center is cooked through and edges have begun to brown. Garnish with chopped chives on top before serving!
It’s Lisa Jensen’s birthday! If you see her, wish her a happy one!
A. Gymnastic Strength
5 Weighted Ring Dips (AHAP)
10 Bent Over Row (each arm)
B. “All Over Again”
3 Min AMRAP:
7 Hang Power Clean 95/65
3 Bar Muscle Up
7 Box Jump Over 24/20
Rest 1:00 btwn rounds. Pick up where you left off.