- We will be having our annual Rees Pit Party on Saturday August 29th. From 3 till dark. We’ll have a sign up sheet for food. We’ll be cooking hamburgers and hotdogs. Hope to see you there!
- It’s a new month, we need new goals!
- Bring a Friend Day is Thursday. All classes are FREE!
With the Hero WOD’s happening on Friday now, I figured I’d move the recipes to Wednesday. This one is super easy, and pretty dang tasty. Quick and healthy for all!
- 1 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates , pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, combine the dried cherries and dates and process until a sticky dough is formed. (Be patient– this takes a minute or so!) Add in the raw almonds, then process again until the almonds are broken down and the batter looks uniform.
- mixThe resulting mixture may appear to be a bit crumbly, but it should stick together easily when you pinch the mixture with your fingers.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and transfer the batter to the flat surface. Press the dough into a flat, rectangle shape. (You could use a rolling pin for this, but I just used my hands.) Once the dough is evenly thick, you can slice it into 8 bars.
- Separate the bars and store them in a sealed container in the fridge for best shelf life. When you need to keep a snack in your purse or bag, simply wrap one of these bars tightly in plastic wrap or parchment paper, and it should last an entire day or two at room temperature.
If you’d rather skip the bar-making process, you could also easily roll this mixture into balls for an easy-to-grab snack!
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.3mg
A. “All About The Chase”
Every 4 min for 5 rounds:
5 Power Snatches @50-55%
*Round 2: 4 Snatches @60-65%
Round 3: 3 Snatches @70-75%
Round 4: 2 Snatches @80-85%
Round 5: 1 Snatch @90-95%
RX+ Squat Snatch
*If you don’t know your 1 rep max then go off of feel. But make sure that you are adding weight each set. Too light and this is pointless. Score is slowest time and heaviest load